A low timber building with a high clock turret at the N end of the Shrewsbury marketplace by the High Street. The ground floor was used for shops and the upper level served as a civic chamber for sessions and assizes.
A play at the Booth Hall is specifically recorded in 1613 but other performances before the mayor in the 16th and early 17th c. probably used the same venue.
The location of the Booth Hall is now the site of a statue of Clive of India.
1452 A new town hall replaced an earlier hall.
1512 Booth Hall built.
1785 New hall completed on an adjacent site; old building removed.
REED Shropshire 1.219, 303--5